Believe in You!
Confidence! At different points in our lives we have all lacked confidence and belief in ourselves and our abilities.
How do these things show up?
They show up in anxiety, procrastination, feeling stuck, closed body language, feeling down and many other ways.
Why do we feel the lack of self confidence?
- When we are tackling something new and we don’t have all the information we develop fear and overwhelm. We develop anxiety.
- We focus on the negative in a situation and the things that we do not know how to do instead of what we do know how to do.
- We believe what others have said about us in our past.
- We focus on our failures instead of our successes.
- We live in our comfort zone and we are scared of stepping out of it.
- We fear judgement from others
- We don’t believe in our abilities and we don’t’ think that we are good enough.
- Our limiting beliefs pull us down.
So what can we do to become more confident and build the life that we have always wanted to live? When we have confidence and believe in ourselves we can tackle everything that comes our way.
- When we are tackling something new it is normal to have lack of confidence in the beginning. The important thing is not to stay there. Look at the task ahead. See the good points about the project. What do you need to learn? Start empowering yourself. Learn, practice, do! The more you practice, learn and do the more confident you will become.
- Do not be afraid of failure. The first time you do something you will not always do it right. That is ok. Be willing to fail and learn from it. Each time it will get better.
- Jump – Sometimes the only way is to jump. The more you wait the less you do. There is a theory that says count 5,4,3,2,1 go and just do. It works.
- Trust your gut – trust your body – Your body will tell you if you are on the right track. You know what is best for you.
- Believe in yourself and your dreams. People will give you advice but you know what is best for you. The more you practice making decisions based on what you want, the more you will develop confidence and belief in your abilities and ultimately in yourself. You know more than you think you know.
- Always focus on your strengths and on situations where you have overcome something similar. Look back at that time and see what you did then.
- Talk to yourself like you would talk to a friend. Advice yourself with kindness. We tend to talk to ourselves in a mean way. Let us switch that!
- If you do not know how to do this alone get yourself a coach or someone who is an expert at what you are stuck in. Let them guide you. Empower yourself!
- For those of you who know about chakras the 3rd chakra the solar plexus is the one that deals with your confidence and personal power. It is located in the upper part of the belly. The color associated with this chakra is yellow. So wearing yellow or carrying a yellow stone can help with confidence. Having an energy healing to check if there is a blockage there can be helpful.
- Positive affirmations help with self confidence. Positive self talk is very important.
- Looking at ourselves in the mirror and looking into our own eyes and getting to know ourselves is very important. A lot of us never really see ourselves.
- Write down all the things you are grateful for and what things that you have achieved in your life. Very empowering!
- Surround yourself with positive people and people who believe in you to help you grow your belief in you. Listen to what they say about you and believe them!
- Let go and trust the universe. Controlling our lives doesn’t get us anywhere. It stops us from growing.
- When you feel the fear and lack of self confidence ask yourself why? What is the worst that can happen? What do I need to learn?
- Be you! You are the best at being yourself. Confidence and believing in yourself helps you live your best life!
- Be a role model for others!
Enjoy the journey! Till next time!!