Take Responsibility of You
Take Responsibility of You
Do you value yourself? Do you put yourself on your To Do list? Do you have time for you in your day? Do you blame others for your unhappiness?
I decided to write this article because nearly everyday I see amazing women in my coaching practice who are so sad, lost and don’t know where to turn. From the outside looking in they have it all. They have the husband, the job, the kids, the lifestyle but yet they are not happy. I was one of these people. My life from the outside looked perfect. I had it all. Why did I feel so empty?
The answer is a lot of us lose who we are when we get married, have kids, and just life in general. A lot of us don’t know who we are in the first place and let others and our limiting beliefs tell us who we are and we believe them because we don’t know better. So now we are living a life that is not aligned with who we are. We are in marriages that don’t fulfill us and we don’t know why. We are in jobs that we really hate. We are raising our kids from that unhappy place and they are learning from our example.
It is time to stop this cycle. It is time to take charge of our lives. It is also time to stop blaming others for our unhappiness. It is nobody else’s fault that you are not valued. It is yours! I am sorry to say but people treat us the way we let them treat us. If we do not set boundaries between us and the people in our lives the people in our lives will cross them because nobody told them where the boundaries are. The victim mentality will serve you only for a little while and after that really nobody cares! It is up to you to change your life.
So now what? How can I change?
My message for you today is that you are amazing and valuable and that God created you exactly as you are so that you can have the best life you can have.
Let me help you. Let us start by finding your happy!
1. Go back to a time where you were your happiest. What was the feeling you had then? Write down the words.
2. Go back to a time when you succeeded in your life. What were the feelings there?
3. Look back at when you laughed and felt joy. What memory triggered that?
Go back to that memory and put your hand on your heart. You will see that your energy will shift. You will see that you were valued. You were happy. You were your authentic self.
What steps can you take to get back to you?
1. Look around you. Who are the people around you who are telling you that you are not worthy. Sit with the things that they are saying. Are they true? If yes then say to yourself what can I do to change my ways. If not, let it go. Understand that people are entitled to their opinion. You do not have to agree.
2. Look at your positive traits and see where you have used them in your life and where you have felt valuable. Trust me if you look hard enough you will find a lot.
3. Delete the tape in your head that keeps telling you that you failed at something and you did not succeed. That time is over and you learnt many lessons after that. Let it go! Close the door.
4. Look at a picture of yourself when you were at your happiest and put it on the fridge and look at it daily. It will change the image of yourself and also help you get closer to the real you.
5. Surround yourself with people who value you and want the best for you. Also look at people who are living the life you want and see what they are doing to improve their lives.
6. Spend time with yourself! You are the most important person in your life. If you don’t love you and value you why should someone else?
Most important – Enjoy the journey
Monica Karam – Spirituality Life coach