The Gratitude Box
It is a Sunday morning and I am sitting at my desk writing this article! Candles lit and sitting in silence reflecting on my life and the last 3 years. It has been one of the most challenging three years of my life. So many changes. So many ups and so many downs.
I look at my life now and think how grateful I am for every step of the way and so thankful for where I am now. So many of us see the bad in our lives and we never take time to say thank you and to see the good. God/Universe gives us so much. He gives us what we need to be a better version of ourselves. He puts us through difficult times so that we can grow and learn the lessons that we need to learn in order to do the work that we were put on this earth to do.
I take time everyday to be grateful for my life. Sunday I take more time. Below are some of the things I am grateful for:
1. I am grateful that I discovered God/Spirituality at a time that I needed it most and now it is my guide.
2. I am grateful for my separation/divorce – Grateful for that experience. If I had not gone through this very difficult time in my life I would not have pushed passed my comfort zone and done the work on being the best version of myself. So very grateful that now I have a good relationship with my ex and that we are working together to make the world a better place for our children. Please take time to do that because those children need a healthy home life.
3. Grateful for my wonderful children. I may have struggles with them but everyday they teach me amazing lessons in patience and growth.
4. Grateful that I live in Canada. A country that has taught me so much. A country that has given me the support and resources that I have needed to become the person I am today. We have great resources here for free.
5. Grateful for all the amazing people who have come into my life and who continue to be in my life. You know who you are. Everyone of you has been there for me and you each have a purpose on my journey. I am always there for you!
6. Thankful for my parents and brother. Thank you for always being there for me. Especially in bad times. Thankful for my dad who is my angel in heaven. Thankful for my strong mom who taught me love and most of all strength.
7. Grateful for the path I have been lead on with my career. It has been such a journey of self discovery and personal growth and that work is what has lead me to becoming a Spirituality life coach who helps others navigate their journey.
8. Thank you to all the mentors and healers that have come into my life to guide me and teach me.
9. Thank you for my beautiful home. It is the place I come home to where I just feel so happy. It is the place I just retreat to in silence to be with myself.
10. Thank you for the beauty in nature and the sun that comes out.
11. Thank you for my health and energy
12. Thank you for technology. If it wasn’t for skype and all the social media we would not be able to all connect with each other worldwide. What an amazing blessing!
13. Thank you for the resilience that I now have to face all my challenges.
14. Thank you for the peace that I feel inside.
Please take time in your life to be grateful. There are so many things to be grateful for. Focus on those things and your life will be so amazing.
Take time everyday and write 5 things that you are grateful for. You could have a diary or do what I do and everyday put a little note my gratitude box (photo above) and at the end of the year you look back at your amazing year.
Most importantly – Enjoy the journey!